v2.2 Release Notes
Release Date: 19 December 2010
Downloading & Installing
The only official distribution site is Sourceforge. Check out the Installation page to get started.
For more information, support, or to discussion upcoming features, please visit our Support Forums.
Any and all issues discovered should be added to our our Issue Tracking System. Feature requests should be marked as such and not described as issues. Please remember to mark Feature Requests as requests and not bugs.
If you’re not familiar with submitting a bug, please read my post: How To Submit a Bug
- Added a module uploader to allow for direct deployment of modules, applied various validations to uploaded modules;
- Added the Czech locales to core;
- Added the Russian locale to core and reports;
- Applied some major Gantt Chart improvements (‘‘major thanks to Zbigniew Kaminski for writing the first version and/or inspiring many of these’’):
- Added new images to represent Milestones of various stages: planned, completed, in progress, and overdue;
- Added a legend to describe the icons/notations;
- Added alternating line shading for all tasks;
- Added a one-page PDF export of any chart;
- Applied task_access permissions to filter private tasks as appropriate;
- Refactored all Gantt chart creation to the GanttRenderer class;
- Resolved an issue where the headers were too small to display the project name;
- Issue 181 - User Interface - Standardize on a Single JS Library (jQuery)
- Issue 543 - Projects - Subproject token task improvements
- Issue 614 - Projects - Allow to edit project list length for project tabs
- Added a permissions check to the Reports module;
- Fixed a minor visual glitch on the lost password screen in the base web2project theme;
- Fixed an IE mini-calendar position bug;
- Fixed the Bulk Task Processing in the Project Designer to update End Dates before Start Dates so we don’t hit a “start date after end date” error;
- Fixed the “Default Tabbed Subview” on Day View to honor the default tab as defined in the System Configuration;
- Fixed the email handling to use the proper email body for each message;
- Fixed the Task Count field on the Project List screen to make it sortable;
- Issue 516 - User Admin - Error in “contact_id” ambiguous displayed in several views and user admin not working
- Issue 556 - Tasks - Can’t update child tasks
- Issue 586 - N/A - Viewing of projects ( in user mode) (dept not added)
- Issue 594 - Files - Unable to delete files in root folder
- Issue 599 - Tasks - WHITE SCREEN
- Issue 605 - Projects - Denial access to a project for anyone
- Issue 606 - User Admin - The problem is, in the process the Default User Preferences are not being imported.
- Issue 609 - Projects - Please select a color to identify this project
- Issue 610 - Tasks - Assiging tasks to user level
- Issue 613 - Forums - Add forum has a delete forum button, clicking it crashes w2p
Issue 617 - Projects - On changing start date : Access Denied You have attempted to access an item in web2Project without the sufficient permissions
- Issue 619 - Projects - New Project - Departments are not visible
- Issue 621 - Core Infrastructure - Class w2p_Core_BaseObject : wrong parameter in function canDelete
- Issue 622 - Projects - I can’t open project which have empty field above name of department selected
- Issue 631 - Calendar - Thunderbird cannot display ical feed, incl. patch
- Issue 634 - Tasks - Blank page problem when I insert a dynamic task
- Issue 643 - Tasks - When tasks are listed, if two tasks have the same start_date order may be incorrect.
- Issue 647 - Projects - When importing tasks into new project tasks start/end dates are not recalculated based on new project’s start date
- Added anchor tags to the System Configuration screen to allow links directly to the important fields;
- Added approximately 40 Unit Tests covering functionality in CDate among other classes;
- Added hooks for the Calendar Module to display arbitrary date information;
- Added links for the Tasks and Tasklogs inside both Tasklogs reports (tasklogs.php and tasklogs_wp1.php);
- Added Task Filters to the System Configuration to allow for defaults to be set;
- Applied some miscellaneous code cleanup to better match the PEAR coding standard;
- Applied some miscellaneous code cleanup to move to-be-deprecated functions to deprecated_functions.php;
- Applied some UTF-8 fixes to jpgraph and Calendar module for Russian locale;
- Removed the time from the Task Log Date format since it’s never actually set;
- Un-factored the change from v2.0 where contact_email and contact_phone were deprecated, both are back on the contacts table now;
- Updated Dependency Tracking to be ON by default;
- Updated the error display in the BaseObject to handle error arrays;
- Updated the French locales;
- Updated the Project Designer to display a Gantt Chart even if there are no tasks;
- Updated the tooltips updated to use jQuery instead of Mootools, then minimized appropriately;
- Updated the w2pgetConfig function to store the default value if the corresponding parameter doesn’t exist;
- Issue 312 - Reports - Linking task logs in reports back to editing view for that task log
- Issue 359 - System Admin - Include SMTP From entry to replace fixed From address admin@site_domain for all mail sends
- Issue 481 - Departments - Dead end after adding department
- Issue 539 - Projects - Subproject name change not carried over to token task in parent
- Issue 588 - Project Designer - Allow task logs for other users
- Issue 589 - Tasks - Add notify option to task log edit
- Issue 629 - Translation/Languages - Czech localization
- Issue 641 - User Interface - Configurable link to a web2projectmaster Email
- As of 21 December, a small issue was found related to the Task Filters [http://forums.web2project.net/viewtopic.php?p=8419&highlight=#8419 http://forums.web2project.net/viewtopic.php?p=8419&highlight=#8419].
- The cascading dependencies are still not 100% but very close. Although long chains (A->B-C->D->E) work fine and tasks with multiple dependencies work fine, there are a limited number of scenarios where dependencies do not behave as expected.
- One such scenario is when you have a Dynamic Task A with children chain (B->C-D->E) and Task F which is dependent on Task A. If B, C, D or E shift, they shift the rest of the chain as expected and the Dynamic Task (A) as expected but unfortunately F does not get updated.
- If you upgrade from dotProject, you may have an oddity with your default theme/display as the name has changed. If this happens, edit your preferences, change to one of the existing themes, and save.
- In Webkit browsers such as safari or chrome, in the Edit Task, Log Task, and a few other places, the clickable area of the tag is offset above the icon by half the icon height. Consequently, when clicking on an “edit task”, about half the time, you would actually be clicking on the a tag for the next row’s task; and thus go to THAT tasks’s edit window. - This is already resolved for v2.3.
Here are some core metrics that may be of interest to the geekier among us.
By running these commands, we get the metrics below:
# Assuming web2project is the your base directory php phploc.php --count-tests --exclude=../web2project/lib ../web2project/ php phpcpd.php --exclude=../web2project/lib/ --exclude=../web2project/unit_tests/ ../web2project/
- Lines of Code: 67021 (10735 of comments, 56286 of code)
- Overall Cyclomatic Complexity/LoC: 0.09
- Classes: 81 (81 Concrete, 0 Abstract)
- Lines of Code/Class: 827
- Class Constants: 6
- Methods: 786 (41 static, 745 non-static)
- Lines of Code/Method: 85
- Cyclomatic Complexity/Number of Methods: 8.02
- Functions: 215
- Constants: 62
- Test Classes: 11
- Test Methods: 434
- 2.63% duplicated lines of code (~1472)