v1.1 Release Notes
Release Date: 10 September 2009
Downloading & Installing
The only official distribution site is Sourceforge. Check out the Installation page to get started.
For more information, support, or to discussion upcoming features, please visit our Support Forums.
Any and all issues discovered should be added to our our Issue Tracking System. Feature requests should be marked as such and not described as issues. Please remember to mark Feature Requests as requests and not bugs.
If you’re not familiar with submitting a bug, please read my post: How To Submit a Bug
- Implemented the beginnings of the formal Hook System;
- Implemented Unit Testing for the system, adding new modules and tests as we go;
- Fleshed out the Phing build.xml file to include a phplint check, coding standards check (PEAR), and packaging for .tar.gz and .zip files;
- Added locales for French and Polish;
- Issue 179 - Core Infrastructure - Create a hook_search
- Issue 194 - Tasks - Task Log Update vs Create vs Log Date
- Issue 219 - Files - Cancel File Checkouts
- Fixed the version detection handling in the UpgradeManager;
- Fixed a problem with duplicate tasks on the Gantt chart;
- Suppressed the PHP 5.3 Deprecated warnings;
- Removed and regenerated all database indexes to ensure the proper ones exist;
- Issue 184 - Projects - Length of project names is restricted
- Issue 185 - Projects - Projects that are assigned to a department cannot be shown in the department view
- Issue 192 - Calendar - Contact view in Company do not show Company contacts.
- Issue 193 - Projects - Special Characters (i.e. German ‘Umlaute’) are not displayed correctly for projects
- Issue 195 - Projects - Gantt Charts cannot be shown
- Issue 196 - Projects - Filter for Departments does not work
- Issue 197 - Departments - Two ‘Projects’ tabs in department view?
- Issue 198 - none specified - Installation crashes with dotProject conversion
- Issue 201 - Files - Unable to upload file in files module
- Issue 202 - Calendar - Today View always jumps to 1070
- Issue 206 - Translation/Languages - Missing abbreviations in en/system.inc
- Issue 207 - Translation/Languages - Make 3rd party modules menu titles translatable w/o altering core wp2 inc files
- Issue 208 - Projects - Improper UTF-8 decoding in project viewer title bar
- Issue 209 - Files - Accents incorrectly UTF-8 decoded when downloading files
- Issue 213 - Tasks - Todo doesn’t appear since r52x
- Issue 218 - Tasks - Sorting by Task Name Displays all Tasks at Root Level
- Issue 220 - Projects - Project list garbled
- Issue 223 - Projects - Multiple notification emails sent on Projects with many contacts
- Issue 224 - Tasks - Task duplicated when sorting by Task Name
- Issue 225 - Translation/Languages - Missing abbrevation in en/contacts.inc
- Issue 226 - Projects - No server side validation for most of the required fields when creating a project
- Issue 227 - Tasks - View other user’s tasks/todo
- Issue 230 - – none specified –Rev 555 : install with dotproject conversion errors
- Issue 232 - Projects - w2p slow loading complex projects - or - slow database queries
- Issue 233 - Core Infrastructure - Rev 558 : install with dotproject conversion errors
- Issue 235 - Projects - Moving Tasks to Another Project doesn’t Move Children
- Issue 236 - Projects - Created and Updated fields not updated.
- Issue 239 - Files - PDF files cannot be accessed. Permission denied.
- Issue 241 - Tasks - Creating/Editing a task in IE 8 does not work
- Refactored the various User Lists, Project Lists, Department Lists, etc to use methods within their respective classes to reduce duplication and centralize permissions enforcement;
- Hid the task_log_costcode as it shouldn’t be editable, let alone displayed;
- Removed the trailing ?>’s from each of the purely PHP files;
- Removed a number of issues - such as using undeclared variables - that filled the PHP error log;
- Removed references to $_REQUEST where $_POST was suitable;
- Updated how the translations are handled for third-party modules;
- Removed references to now() and replaced them with db-aware functions;
- Upgraded the PHPMailer library to 5.0.2;
- Simplified the yearly calendar creation code to simply draw the month twelve times as opposed to each month once;
- Eliminated numerous database calls by refactoring them back to the proper classes;
- Misc HTML cleanup throughout;
- Refactored the numerous instances of pagination code to a single instance;
- Upgraded the ADODB library from V4.96 to V5.09, eliminated unnecessary code;
- Refactored header navigation creation to eliminate duplicated code;
- Added numerous fields to the Performance/Debug box;
- Cleaned up the CW2pObject bind method to handle array/object transforms better;
- Issue 71 - Tasks - Cache Total Task Counts
- Issue 80 - Links - Enable adding a link from within the tab
- Issue 112 - Translation/Languages - loading of locale strings for tabs and crumbs
- Issue 145 - none specified - Id generation for Custom Fields
- Issue 169 - Tasks - Cache Time Worked
- Issue 180 - Core Infrastructure - Convert all ‘var’ declarations to php5 equivalent
- Issue 187 - Tasks - Update old tasks with Hours Worked Information
- The cascading dependencies are still not 100%. Although long chains (A->B-C->D->E) work fine and tasks with multiple dependencies work fine, there are a limited number of scenarios where dependencies do not behave as expected.
- One such scenario is when you have a Dynamic Task A with children chain (B->C-D->E) and Task F which is dependent on Task A. If B, C, D or E shift, they shift the rest of the chain as expected and the Dynamic Task (A) as expected but unfortunately F does not get updated.
At release time, the display of debugging information was left on. Please see the Installation Notes above on how to turn them off.
- At release time, the installation package - both the zip and tar.gz files - were created without web2project being in a subdirectory. Therefore, when you uncompress it, all the files will go into the target directory directly as opposed to within a subdirectory. This is already fixed for the v1.2 (December 2009) release.